|Gonzales Healthcare Systems has had, and continues to have, a strong impact on the economic welfare of Gonzales and the surrounding communities. The provision of healthcare to its citizens is just a part of the advantages of having these facilities in Gonzales County.|
Approximately 300 employees work for Gonzales Healthcare Systems and live in Gonzales and the surrounding communities. These 300 persons earn over $9,400,000 annually which, based on certain economic projections, results in a $28,200,000 impact on the community.
Historical Financial Facts:
Net Revenue is used for operations, salaries, service implementations, etc
- 1990: Net Revenue $ 3,000,000, not including tax dollars
- 2007: Net Revenue $15,535,827, not including tax dollars
- 2008: Net Revenue $17,016228, not including tax dollars
- 2009: Net Revenue $18,213,713, not including tax dollars
- 2010: Net Revenue $19,737,322, not including tax dollars
- 2011: Net Revenue $20,460,988, not including tax dollars
Gonzales Healthcare Systems also has a financial impact on the community just by doing what it does best: providing healthcare. In 2011, we provided over 1.6 million in charity care to those persons who could not care for themselves. By providing local healthcare, burdens have been removed from citizens who don’t have the resources to seek healthcare elsewhere, from merchants whose employees don’t have to miss work to see healthcare elsewhere, and from taxpayers who don’t have to pay for county citizens to receive healthcare elsewhere.