Great Doctors, Great Healthcare
Helping you find the care you need is important to us. Gonzales Healthcare Systems is fortunate to have as part of their medical and professional staff a dedicated, caring, and skillful group of physicians and allied health professionals.
Gonzales Health Magazine
Keep up to date with the latest health news and lifestyle tips from Gonzales Health Magazine—giving you the tools to stay healthy!
In the News
Studies have shown that lifestyle changes can decrease the risk of breast cancer. Take charge of your health today by making just a few simple changes in your life.
- Limit your alcohol. The risk of breast cancer is 20 percent higher for women who consume 2-3 alcoholic drinks per day.
- Don’t smoke. A study found that women who smoked for than two decades tripled their risk of dying from breast cancer.
- Control your weight. After menopause, being overweight or obese increases your risk.
- Stay physically active. Regular exercise reduces the risk of breast cancer by 10–20 percent, especially in postmenopausal women.
- Talk to your doctor about hormone therapy. Many women use hormone therapy to help them with the symptoms of menopause. But there can be a higher risk of breast cancer with this treatment. If you’re concerned, ask your doctor about other options.
- Eat smart. Choose healthy fats, like olive oil, over butter. Choose fish instead of red meat. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts.