Gonzales Healthcare Systems (GHS) is made up of several entities, but at the core is Memorial Hospital, a 33-bed general acute-care facility. The current facility, built in 1978, follows a tradition of community service begun by the Holmes Hospital, which opened in 1921. Whether entering the system through our Emergency Room, with its Trauma Level IV designation, or as a direct admit from a primary care physician’s office, the patient coming to Memorial Hospital can access state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services. Our Mission is to provide high quality comprehensive healthcare in our community to all we serve. Our Vision is to become the choice for healthcare services by building loyalty because health and wellness are our priorities. We value honesty, empathy, a positive attitude, loyalty, teamwork, hard work, placing patients and customers first, accountability, respect, and excellence. Please visit us on our website https://www.gonzaleshealthcare.com
As a member of the Hospital’s senior management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital’s mission, in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital. This is a great opportunity to join an innovative and energetic management team with a new vision for the hospital and a plan for growth.
- Supportive Board of Trustees working through the Strategic Planning process to include feasibility for building a new replacement facility.
- Building a culture of teamwork with a commitment to excellence.
- Experience with Revenue Cycle and track record of success required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall financial operations of GHS, an acute-care facility, including general accounting, budget preparation and management, external audits, tax reporting, financial planning and analysis, Medicare and Medicaid reporting, and management of department directors for Accounting, Revenue Cycle services – to include billing, collections, access management, coding, and managed care, Materials Management, Health Information Management, Case Management, and Information Technology.
- Management of non-finance support and select clinical departments as assigned by the CEO.
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, and objectives and plans.
- Providing financial leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the hospital.
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Keeps up to date with all federal statutes surrounding participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including, but not limited to: EMTALA, Medicare fraud and abuse issues, Stark legislation, and IRS guidelines pertaining to the operation of not-for-profit facilities.
- Leads the development of operational and capital budgets in support of the hospital’s strategic plan.
- Assists the CEO in the identification and development of strategic plans for new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue – contributing financial expertise to include analyses of service demand, resource availability, and project feasibility. Implementation support / project management may be required as well.
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Prepares cash flow and budget variance analyses.
- Monitors, interprets, and analyzes hospital financial performance including trending of key financial metrics with comparison to industry benchmarks, investigates unfavorable trends and comparisons, develops actions to address unfavorable findings, and monitors action plan(s) completion conclusion.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting, and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings as needed.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements and reports, and presentation of these statements and reports to the Board of Trustees ensuring Board understanding of the hospital’s financial performance and position as well as communication of any key issues and status of plans to correct / address such issues.
- Participating in the hospital’s monthly operation reviews (MOR’s) with the QHR Health support team keeping the QHR support team aware of all key operational and financial developments.
- Monitors effective revenue cycle processes to keep patient accounts receivable at a targeted level contributing to optimization of cash flow.
- Monitors hospital compliance within the HealthTrust GPO working closely with the NCMH Material Management Director and the QHR PLUS (supply chain) team to maximize savings.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff – including department directors and other senior leadership, medical staff, Board of Trustees, and community.
- Experience to include strategic oversight with an emphasis on financial reporting analysis and cash flow management.
- Strong revenue cycle knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Public relations abilities.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, medical staff, Board of Trustees, and community.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire team members to achieve optimal results while maintaining a high level of employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters.
- Ability to perform the administrative aspects of leading departments and teams to include budgeting, time approvals, staff evaluations, and expense approvals.
Work Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required with strong knowledge of generally accounting principles. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years CFO level or equivalent experience within an acute care hospital environment required with such experience preferably being with a stand-alone, not for profit, acute care hospital.
- Knowledge of overall hospital operations at a level to provide leadership, in conjunction with the CNO, in the event of absence of the CEO.
In Gonzales, you can enjoy the friendliness and security of a smaller community, while living just one hour from Austin and San Antonio. Gonzales County is a progressive, largely rural area with a sense of history, a feeling of community, and the stability of deeply established roots. Please visit the website: Gonzales, Texas – Wikipedia and Tour Gonzales | Visit Gonzales, TX
To apply for this position with Gonzales Healthcare Systems, please click on the following link and follow the instructions for setting up your on line account. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 830-519-9100.